[b-hebrew] The DikDukBuk

wesley4christ wesley4christ at blackplanet.com
Sat Jun 12 18:07:50 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "wesley4christ " <wesley4christ at blackplanet.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 05:47:24 +0800
To: b-hebrew at lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [b-hebrew] The DikDukBuk

> Hello,
>      Has anyone been to this site?  http://www.learnhebrewisrael.com/
> The Rabbi has a unique system for learning Hebrew.  I believe that it is modern Hebrew that he teaches.  He also wrote something called the "DikDukBuk."
>      After listening to one of the sample lessons, I have three questions.
>
> 1.  I have had Biblical Hebrew one and two in Seminary.  Is modern Hebrew much different?  I am considering learning modern Hebrew and I wanted to get an idea of what I am up against.
>
> 2.  This Rabbi says that there are 12 Hebrew constants that can "ONLY" be used as part of the root of a word.  He says that whenever you see one of these constants that they must be part of the root.  I do not remember ever hearing this before.  Is this true with Ancient Hebrew as well as modern Hebrew?
>
>      Thank you very much.
>
> Sincerely,
> Mark Thompson
> --

Sorry, I only had two questions.  And also, my spell check "corrected" a misspelled word but changed it to the wrong word.  I did not mean "constants" I means consonants.

Mark Thompson

BlackPlanet.com free e-mail - http://www.blackplanet.com/Registration/
The World Is Yours.
Check out our Special Introductory Offer - E-mail Forwarding for just $5.95 per year!