[b-hebrew] Dating and the book of Job

Noam Eitan bhebrew at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 9 14:01:19 EDT 2004

J.C. De Moor deals with these questions in his book ‘The Rise of Yahwism’. I can check
 the specifics when I get home, but off the top of my head, he concludes Job, or Yabbu,
 was a Canaanite king living at the late bronze age at the area of Bashan. He was vassal
to the Egyptians. He may have written the original kernel of the book himself - the book
has many polytheistic references. In addition to textual analysis he provides some
 supporting archaeological evidence. (He also has a chapter on Moses - this book is
amazing.) - Noam Eitan, Brooklyn, NY

wattswestmaas <wattswestmaas at eircom.net> wrote:
Dear members of the list,

I have a four part question regarding Job.

1. What are the most accurate dates for when the book might have been
written?
2. Can Job himself be placed in any acceptable date when he might possibly
have lived?
3. Can there be any possible reason to consider that Moses might have
collected the story?
4. Can the land of Nod be identified?

Thankyou all Chris.