[b-hebrew] Gen 1:2

Tony Costa tmcos at rogers.com
Thu Jun 3 23:52:25 EDT 2004

Just a comment on the quote, "The "She" of this word is the ruach, which is
a feminine word.  While most consider the "Spriit" is a "he", Biblically, it
is a "she". I think it would be safer to say that *grammatically*  the
"Spirit" is a "she", but not necessarily biblically or theologically is this
so. Grammatically, the word for "city" is feminine in Hebrew, but of course
this gender does not imply that a city is a woman.

Tony Costa