[b-hebrew] Kadeshah

david.kimbrough at charter.net david.kimbrough at charter.net
Wed Jul 14 11:49:41 EDT 2004

While later traditions certainly condemns the ritual prostitutes, in Genesis 38 Judah thinks nothing too much amiss of making use of what he thinks is a road side *kadeshah*, who is, of course, is actually is daughter in law Tamar.  Whenever Genesis 38 was writen, the author (and audiance) obviously did not think using the services of *kadeshah* too taboo or the author would not have had one of the patriarchs doing so.