[b-hebrew] Re: evening & morning with sanctuary

George F. Somsel gfsomsel at juno.com
Sat Jul 3 10:34:58 EDT 2004

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 09:04:41 -0500 "Eduard C Hanganu"
<eddhanganu at hotmail.com> writes:

> Dear Fred:
>
> Daniel 8:11 does not speak about DAILY SACRIFICES. It speaks about
> TAMID.
> The expression is (forgive my lack of familiarity with the
> tranliteration
> conventions of the forum): "VA MIMENU TAMID" which I would translate
>
> literally "AND FROM HIM WAS TAKEN AWAY/SEPARATED TAMID." A search
> on the
> word TAMID ( I use BibleWorks for my Hebrew OT and Greek NT
> research) shows
> that the word TAMID refers to ALL ASPECTS OF THE SANCTUARY SERVICE.
> Here is
> my selection of the most pertinent passage where TAMID is used in
> the OT:
>
> ******

I would suggest that since TAMID seems to contain the idea of continuity,
and that here it refers to the DAILY sacrifice which is then qualified as
"evening-morning" sacrifices indicating two for each day.  2,300
sacrifices would thus reduce to 1,150 days or ~ 3 yrs if you use a 12 mo.
30 day calendar with 1 intercalary month ((1150-30)/30 = 3.111).

george
gfsomsel