[b-hebrew] Genesis 3:15 and order of ideas

Revdpickrel at wmconnect.com Revdpickrel at wmconnect.com
Wed Dec 22 17:43:48 EST 2004

In a message dated 12/22/2004 3:40:49 PM Central Standard Time,
kwrandolph at email.com writes:

Jim, I must agree with George in as much as Hebrews has Paul's signature at
the end as he does in all his letter.  Paul wrote,  2 Thess 3:17&18, I, Paul,
write this greeting with my own hand, and this is a distinguishing mark in
every letter; this is the way I write...."  You do the math.   This same mark is
found at the conclusion of Hebrews.

Doug.

> > > Paul in 99% likelihood was not the author of Hebrews.  Whoever
> > > did write it, wrote excellent greek, excelled in the New
> > > Testament only by the author of 1 Peter.  Nonetheless you are
> > > correct in observing that when writing Greek one thinks in Greek
> > > and including a loan word or two from Hebrew or Aramaic doesn't
> > > change that fact any more than someone occasionally inserting
> > > "vis-a-vis" makes them a fluent thinker in French.
> > >
> > > Jim
> > >

> > > ++++++++++++++++++++
> > > Jim West, ThD
> > > Adjunct Professor of Biblical Studies
> > > Quartz Hill School of Theology
> >
> > Jim,
> >
> > I beg your pardon, but the likelihood that Paul was the author of Hebrews
> > is approx. 0.001%
> >
> > george
> > gfsomsel

Doug Pickrel