[b-hebrew] Help identify old Hebrew coin

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Tue Dec 7 16:30:44 EST 2004

Noam:

I don’t have any conclusions, just questions.

However, I noticed a couple of instances of WW)S and a couple of other
words that look as if they could have come from Yiddish, so I concluded
that the “coin” could be a Kabbalistic medalion derived from Yiddish
using a non-standard Yiddish, or even Yiddish code. It’s a guess.

I was looking for archaic Hebrew writing, which would indicate a
true Hebrew coin.

Karl W. Randolph.