[b-hebrew] Shishak

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Thu Aug 26 12:10:53 EDT 2004

On 22/08/2004 23:36, Uri Hurwitz wrote:

> */Peter Kirk <peterkirk at qaya.org>/* wrote:
>
>     >

>     "To return to this question, David Rohl lists Sheshonk....."
>

>     When it comes to (ancient) Egyptian matters you refer again and
>     again to Rohl. Do you know any established Egyptologist who takes
>     his work seriously?
>
>     Uri

That is not the point. I am quoting Rohl's book as a convenient source
of data which needs explanation. If Rohl or his associates have found
data which seems to contradict "established" Egyptology, this
establishment needs to provide explanations for this data, and not write
it off by ad hominem arguments against its source.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/