[b-hebrew] Re: Davka

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Mon Aug 16 00:58:23 EDT 2004

Thanks, Yigal, I stand corrected.

When Shoshana mentioned that a davka was something that connects us to the sacred, or something very similar to that (sorry, I don’t have her message before me, so if I misstated what she said, it was not intentional) it appeared to me that “davka” is an anglicization of a yiddishization of a Hebrew word meaning to join, adhere or stick to, much the same way “gonef” and “tsuris” came from Hebrew.

Now I have a question, what does being precise have to do with connecting us with the sacred?

Karl W. Randolph.