[b-hebrew] RE :Karl randolf

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Mon Aug 9 23:51:16 EDT 2004

Chris:

I made the translation myself.

One of the aspects of laws in the Torah is that there is restraint to punishment. For example, the concept of cutting off a hand for stealing is extreme, rather there is payback with a extra fine, no more. Even the physical punishments are restrained, one tooth for one tooth, not several, one eye for one eye, etc. Thus, when a person is taken away from restraint, especially as in this verse also taken away from judicial justice, indicates injust treatment.

Karl W. Randolph.