[b-hebrew] testing

Joel Nothman jnothman at student.usyd.edu.au
Sat Apr 24 05:58:41 EDT 2004

> On 23/04/2004 21:13, Dora Smith wrote:
>
>> Well, it displayed on my computer.
>>
>> I'm also having other problems.   Only Ezra SIL will display niqqud,
>> and it
>> doesn't have a standard keyboard layout, which means the Hebrew learn to
>> type program won't work.

In WinXP, Exra SIL should show with niqqud, just as Times New Roman, David
or Tahoma will.

With standard Hebrew keyboard mapping, switch caps-lock on, hold shift and
press one of the numbers to type vowels... See
http://www.qsm.co.il/Hebrew/wniqud.htm

This page also interestingly mentions Nakdan, a piece of software which
should add vocalisation to hebrew... Does anyone know of this? It no
longer has a presence on the web, but sounds interesting...

- Joel