[b-hebrew] double ayins

Deborah Millier deborahmillier at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 19:56:48 EDT 2003

Dear List Members,

I was reading today in TEHILLIM when I ran across
something I had never noticed before.  In Psa. 108:10
the last word reads ETROAA or )trw((.  Now maybe I'm
uniformed, but I don't recall any other words in the
Bible with consecutive ayins.  I suppose I could
consult a good commentary and become better educated,
but hey, why should I when I have you all to discuss
matters with?  So, what do you think: do we merely
have here a dittography or something reflective of a
quad-literal root rw((?

B'SHALOM,
-- Michael Millier