[b-hebrew] enesh Gesenius

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Sun Sep 21 21:36:50 EDT 2003

Philip:

This entry is speculation. Notice, he says that it is not used (in the singular). The existance of this singular is speculated from the use of a different noun that is irregular in its usage.

There is a similar Hebrew word that definitely comes from the root meaning “to sicken” which refers to a generalized person, similar to the way we use “mortal”. This one is )NW$    anowsh   .

I personally don’t like speculation because speculation can mess up understanding.

Karl W. Randolph.