[b-hebrew] Elohiym has a Hireq Yod in the M.T.

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Fri Sep 12 18:59:33 EDT 2003

Without the yod, it becomes )LHM which means “unto them”. A quick survay of the 100+ times )LHM revealed not once was it used for Elohiym with the omission of the yod. This is using the present, but unpointed, text.

That doesn’t rule out finding an extra Biblical text or ancient MSS that omits the yod, only that in all the examples that we have, the yod is never omitted.

Karl W. Randolph.