[b-hebrew] Elohiym has a Hireq Yod in the M.T.

David P Donnelly davedonnelly1 at juno.com
Fri Sep 12 17:04:55 EDT 2003

Ken,

Thank you for the information.

Some sources indicate that vowel-letters were not used in the Hebrew text

until about 1000 B.C. to 900 B.C.

Does sufficient evidence exist to say that:
in Genesis 1:1,
in the original autograph,
it was unlikely that Elohiym had a Yod being used as a vowel-letter for
the vowel "i"?

Do any extant Hebrew texts as old as say 1100 B.C. [or earlier] even
exist,
so that scholars would know that in the oldest copies [or fragments] of
the Book of Genesis,
there wasn't a Yod in Elohiym,
so therefore, it must have been added at a later date?

Dave Donnelly