[b-hebrew] INVITATION TO TRY NEW FREEWARE VOCAB TESTING PROGRAM.

Karl R. B. Jones karl-jones at krbj.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Sep 3 14:48:07 EDT 2003

INVITATION TO TRY NEW FREEWARE VOCAB TESTING PROGRAM.

I am currently developing a new vocab testing program. It is a general purpose program suitable for Greek, Hebrew and indeed most other languages for which you have a suitable font (I have created example vocabsets for the Ugaritic Alphabet and Middle Egyptian Alphabet - among others).

The program does not have an integral database, the intention is that users create their own vocabset to reflect their chosen text book. It is my intention, however, to try to provide a number of prepared vocabsets for downloading. At the moment there are only two vocabsets, one for Mounce's, Basics of Biblical Greek Grammar and Wenham's, Elements of New Testament Greek. I am currently working on a third Greek database and will then try to do some Hebrew ones.

Thye program is now ready for beta testing and I would like to invite a few members of this group to give it a try. It is available for download on, http://www.krbj.freeserve.co.uk/vocabworks/INDEX.htm you can download the program and create your own vocabsets or download one of the example sets.

The program has the following features.

Multiple document interface,

Select any font for source or target language,

Built in vocab editor,

Easily create and save tests,

Multiple test types, - Printed test, Scrolling test, Standard test, Multiple choice test, Matching test, Pictorial prompt test

Multiple test modes, - Source to target, Target to source, Mixed

Link to sound files to pronounce source or target words.

Please do give it a try.

If you want to make any comments of suggestions I have set up a discussion group on Topica.

You can subscribe on: http://www.topics.com/lists/VocabWorks

Thank You!