[b-hebrew] elohim versus aggelous, Psalm 8:6[5] MT verses LXX

Philip phil-eng at ighmail.com
Thu Oct 2 07:08:26 EDT 2003

Thanks Rolf,

1. I am particularly interested in your statement,

     "In some Qumran writings )LHYM refers to the angels as well."

     Do you have any specific quotations in mind to back up the point?

2.  Also, I take your point that "The reference of angels as "gods" in the
Tanakh neither indicate
     polytheism nor henotheism..."

but to clarify the discussion further, I think that limiting the discussion
to Hebrew and Greek terminology such as "elohim",  "malak", "aggelous",
"theos", "theoi", etc with quotations may 'lucidify' things a bit???

I say this because for example, it appears that some may read "elohim" as
God whereas other may read "elohim" as gods, angels, etc for the same
quotation.