[b-hebrew] Job 12:16 interpreted in context of Is. 45:7

J. Raymond Kelley jraykelley at prodigy.net
Thu Jul 31 16:32:49 EDT 2003

Far be it from me, one who lurks because I enjoy the discourse of
learned men, to offer the following comment, but, Karl, doesn't your
explanation just reflect another usage that someone coudl criticize much
in the manner that Peter did. I mean, come on, I know that you (and even
I) have a concept of "fullness", but really, who uses fullness in a
sentence these days.

My immediate reaction to this exchange, which reaction started with
Peter's comment about using words he's comfortable with using, was at
the level where suddenly Paul Simon's chords starting in the back of my
mind and I immediately thought (because for some reason my mind does
head for rhyme for reasons I don't understand) ...

So we talk of depth of meaning
in words we ever change
and we write in criticism
that it's others who think strange

Ray (back to my quiet corner of the cave) Kelley