[b-hebrew] ALEF-LAMED combo

Peter Kirk peter.r.kirk at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 10 10:43:43 EDT 2003

On 10/07/2003 07:28, shaih at post.tau.ac.il wrote:

>Yigal,
>

>>Shai, is the combo where each letter has its own vowel?
>>

>the geniza fragments i am looking at (talmud) are almost never puncutated, but
>if i'll see something i'll write it down.
>
>by the way, most of these ligatures are at the end: isra'el, ishma'el etc., so
>there is need for double punctuation. but in "elohim" i think there is both a
>hataf-segol and a holam (at least from the printed editions i can remember).
>
>regards,
>
>shai

I would be very interested in any specific examples with double vowel
pointing - and especially if they are in non-biblical texts. I am
helping to collect data on Hebrew usage of multiple vowel points on
single base letters, in relation to a Unicode proposal. If you or anyone
on the list has such examples, in relation to any base letters, please
let me know.

peter.r.kirk at ntlworld.com
http://web.onetel.net.uk/~peterkirk/