[b-hebrew] Re: SBL transliteration font?

Dr. Reinhard G.Lehmann lehmann at mail.uni-mainz.de
Thu Apr 24 12:32:29 EDT 2003

Dear Rodney K. Duke,

in my opinion too SPAtlantis is the best for you, as Ken noted, but I cannot agree
with Peter Kirk that it is in principle better to use the Unicode characters built
into standard Windows fonts because not everyone already is able to read & write
unicode. And SP Atlantis is useful for different platforms (also for the Mac).

Reinhard

> SBL's own free transliteration font is SPAtlantis, which can be found at
> ftp://ftp.sbl-site2.org/fonts/windows/
> However, as Peter Kirk said, it is in principle better to use the Unicode
> characters built into standard Windows fonts.
>
> Ken Penner, M.C.S. (Regent College), M.A. (McMaster)
> Vocabulary Memorisation Software:
> http://socserv.socsci.mcmaster.ca/westerholm/flash or http://sensoft.nav.to
>
> > Do any of you know a freeware Hebrew transliteration font for the SBL
> > style of transliteration that works with Windows?

> End of b-hebrew Digest, Vol 4, Issue 12

   Dr.  Reinhard G. Lehmann
   Forschungsstelle für Althebräische Sprache
   Fachbereich 02 Evangelische Theologie
   Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
   D - 55099 Mainz
   tel: (+49) 6131 - 39 23284