Preterite and Imperfect

Peter Kirk Peter_Kirk at sil.org
Fri May 24 16:49:42 EDT 2002

Yes, I thought of these cases, which include the very common WAY:HIY.
Actually I meant to change the first line to waw-patah-consonant other
than aleph..., as that is what I discovered when looking through the
database. Almost all of the ambiguous cases are waw-patah-aleph...,
although this normally becomes waw-qamets-aleph... in the preterite.

Peter Kirk