Correction

gds at dor.kaiser.org gds at dor.kaiser.org
Tue Mar 19 18:43:53 EST 2002

Dear List:

Offline, I have found that one detail of my post was amiss.  It seems, that
Joseph Blenkinsopp is more Catholic than Jewish, and I stand corrected.  I have
never met Dr. Blenskinsopp except for seeing him one time at SBL meeting.  A
colleague told me he was Jewish some years ago, and it seemed to make sense
given the nature of his book so I accepted it.  But, I do hope the idea that
canonical criticism is a more potentially ecumenical perspective on reading
still stands.  Guess I should have known in that he teaches at Notre Dame.  A
mistake now and then, is a good thing, I guess.

Gary