Columbus - off topic

Jack Kilmon jkilmon at historian.net
Fri Jul 19 19:24:04 EDT 2002

uh...Columbus was Italian....from Genoa.  The Marannos were sephardic Jews
who, at first, were forced into baptism as Christians and prohibited, on
pain of death, from practicing their religion. As generations went by, by
the time of Columbus, many SPANISH  families were of Jewish descent without
knowing it.  This is even true of today.  My grandmother was Spamish and I
only recently discovered of Sephardic blood.  But Columbus, Christofero
Colombo, contrary to urban legend due to his association with the Spaniish
court, was NOT spanish.

Jack