A new tack on 'asher

GregStffrd at aol.com GregStffrd at aol.com
Thu Jun 14 12:05:32 EDT 2001

In a message dated 06/14/2001 4:54:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
glennblank at earthlink.net writes:

<< So how )aSHR functions seems to me to be crucial to the questions on Ex.
 3:14.

Dear Glenn:

Yes, it is important, though in the past discussion almost everyone was
prepared to grant Dan's understanding of 'ASHER for the sake of argument. The
main problems resulted from his use of the first and second instances of
'EHYEH. The last few emails exchanged on the subject should have a sufficient
summary of the problems, as we left them. Of course, granting that 'ASHER can
function strictly as a complementizer is one thing. Showing its function in a
text other than Exodus 3:14 is another. I welcome such examples.

Best regards,

Greg Stafford