2 Ki 2:23-24

David Stabnow dstabno at lifeway.com
Mon Jul 16 15:41:21 EDT 2001

Previously I wrote:

> We ought neither to dismiss too quickly word variation as meaningless,
nor
> go to absurd lengths to find differences in nuance that the author did
not
> intend.

I see now that I may have given the impression that Charles David Isbell is
dismissive and that Shoshanna Walker is absurd.  I am sorry; that was not
my intention.  I was only using their viewpoints as indicative of opposing
positions which, if taken to extremes, would be dismissive or absurd; and I
was calling for a balanced position and a respect for opposing viewpoints.
I do indeed respect the points of view and contributions of both of them.

Dave Stabnow