Mesha Stele and the Tetragrammaton

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Thu Feb 15 10:43:53 EST 2001

> Dear Eduardo,
> What does your perception of Ieoua do with the shortened forms YaH and YaHu?
> Also, how do you account for LXX  YABE?
> Charles David Isbell

Charles,
I haven't seen this spelling in the LXX, but I haven't looked that hard
either.  Just guessing, I'm wondering if the "b" is a Greek attempt
to render the WAW as a "v" sound?  I don't know how that would
work into Eduardo's approach, but that's my idea for what it's worth.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
violated."  C. S. Lewis