Hosea 12:4

Theodore H. Mann theomann at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 26 11:54:30 EST 2001

Many thanks for the response.
Which is clear and straightforward, "us" or "him?" Also, do you have any
thoughts as to why translations differ on this?  For example: KJV, NASB,
ESV have "us": NRSV, TEV, NIV have "him," although NRSV and TEV include a
footnote allowing "us" as a possibility.  I gather from the NRSV footnote
that it has something to do with what version of the OT is used as the
exemplar(?)

Thanks.

Ted