PS: What are Hebrew words for hen and egg?

Polycarp66 at aol.com Polycarp66 at aol.com
Sun Dec 9 06:29:53 EST 2001

In a message dated 12/8/2001 11:36:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rosewalk at concentric.net writes:

> I think that those who divorced the Torah from its origin and
> spiritual character, who posit that it was written by various human
> beings, and who proceed to take it apart, word by word and analyze it
> according to grammar, discuss it in foreign languages, including
> Latin, and ignore all the Rabbinic commentators, as if they are
> archaic and knew nothing, are the most arrogant of all

Perhaps there should then be no b-hebrew since we (sometimes) "take it apart,
word by word and analyze it according to grammar" and "discuss it in foreign
languages" (sometimes including Latin).  Much better that we simply publish
the rabbinic commentators.   A simple web page devoted to this should suffice
(not in English or German or French, etc., of course).  There should be no
discussion — after all, the rabbis said all that need be said.

gfsomsel