Aftermath of virus

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Sun Dec 2 11:09:03 EST 2001

Over the past 2 weeks I have gotten about 20 copies of this virus a
day.  It seems to be slowing down now, and Norton Antivirus
caught it every time.  But I use Pegasus Mail, which provides an
extra layer of protection against such things anyway.  It's only in
programs like Outlook (Express) that tend to automatically open
attachments depending on how they're structured, that just opening
the message will propagate it.  Yet another reason to avoid
Microsoft.  If it's not possible to migrate to Linux, Pegasus is an
excellent mail client for dealing with this sort of thing.