Gen 1:1. Kermess

Joe Baker joebaker at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Thu Sep 7 06:56:41 EDT 2000

IAN YOU SAID IN RELATION TO THE START OF THE DAY
<quote>
This is of course why we are told that God did his creating "and evening
was and morning was, day Xth": wyhy `rb wyhy bqr ywm X. We are told this
each day of the six days of creation. Note the "and"s: the first implies
that God worked before the evening. God did his creating, then evening came
and then morning -- people don't work at night.
</quote>

Are you saying that
"and evening was and morning was, day Xth"

means
"and the evening of day X was and the morning of day X+1 was"

After all this seems to be the implication if the day started in the
morning.

Nice to know God only worked during the day - which begs the question if
only darkness existed how did he ever start creating?

Regards
Joe Baker ===========\
Perth                |
Western Australia ===/