Job 13:15

Rodney K. Duke dukerk at appstate.edu
Thu Oct 12 17:00:36 EDT 2000

Another suggestion for reading with the kethib: Job is boldly thinking of taking his
case before the King /God and does not want to wait/tarry (see 14:14) any longer (v.
15), since he sees himself dying;  he knows that a "polluted" person cannot survive in
God's presence (v. 16); but, he is confident in his case that he will be vindicated
(v. 18).

"Look, he might kill me.  I will/want not wait.  Surely I will argue my ways before
His face."

--
Rodney K. Duke
Dept. of Phil. & Rel., Appalachian State Univ., Boone, NC 28608
(O) 828-262-3091, (FAX) 828-262-6619, dukerk at appstate.edu