Gen 1:6-8.

Peter Kirk Peter_Kirk at sil.org
Wed Aug 30 06:36:53 EDT 2000

If you read "the dome of the sky" in a modern English literary work, would
you as a literalist understand that the author believed that the sky was a
literal solid dome? Or would you accept that this might be a figure of
speech, a metaphor based on similarity of shape and appearance? If you could
accept this in English, why not in Hebrew?