Fw: The 24 hour "evening and mornings" ???

Peter Kirk Peter_Kirk at sil.org
Wed Aug 30 06:30:09 EDT 2000

To adapt Michael's words: The problem, IMHO, is that folks want to find a
way to "work into the text" the literal 24 hour days necessary to coordinate
modern day pseudo-scientific "creationist" theories with what the Biblical
author may have intended to communicate. This "creationist" theory has a
rather short history, but it is out of step with one perfectly good
interpretation of the linguistics of the passage.

I am quite happy to leave this discussion at "we can't be sure whether the
author intended 24 hour periods or not". But I cannot accept that the
passage absolutely requires 24 hour periods.

Peter Kirk