40 days/nights

Mark Markham markhamm at topsurf.com
Sun Sep 26 18:10:16 EDT 1999

Ok.  Well what I want to know is what did the author intend  literal or fig
in the use of forty-days and forty nights in the Noah saga, also the 40 day
cake in ! Kings 19 as well as the forty day fast of Christ ( from a Hebrew
perspective if possible).

It seems all these are presented as accounts intended to be literal. Does
the language allow this (keep away historical arguments-- I am interested in
the authors intentions).  Thanks.

Mark Markham
Heidelberg, Germany