Shoebox 4 for Windows and Macintosh is now available!

Jonathan Robie jonathan at texcel.no
Thu Sep 17 10:16:33 EDT 1998

I saw this on the SIL web site. Here's their blurb:

    Shoebox 4 for Windows and Macintosh is now available!

    Shoebox is a database management program designed especially
    for use by field linguists. It is especially good at interlinearizing
    text and developing lexicons. It can also be used for cataloging
    field notes, anthropological information, and grammatical information.

It looks like it might be useful for some people on this list. Shoebox can
be found at:

    http://www.sil.org/computing/shoebox.html

There is a self-paced tutorial for Shoebox at:

    http://www.sil.org/computing/cbt/

I haven't used the program, so I can't tell you anything beyond what I read
on the web pages.

Jonathan

jonathan at texcel.no
Texcel Research