[B-Greek] Jos. Ant. 20:20 under MONOGENHS in BDAG

Tony Pope borikayaama_tekiri at sil.org
Mon Jul 12 08:22:36 EDT 2010

There is an imperfectly digitized copy of Plut. Lycurgus 31.8 at
http://www.archive.org/stream/ploutarchoubioi01plutgoog#page/n123/mode/1up

Ὑιὸν δὲ [λέγ]εται μονογενῆ καταλιπεῖν Ἀντίωρον· οὗ τελευτήσαν[του] ἀτέκνου, τὸ
γένος ἐξέλιπεν.
hUION DE [LEG]ETAI MONOGENH KATALIPEIN ANTIWRON: hOU TELEUTHSAN[TOU] ATEKNOU, TO GENOS EXELIPEN.
[It is also said that he left an only son, Antiorus, on whose death without issue, the family
became extinct.] (Tr. by B. Perrin)

It seems Bauer put this reference in the right place (assuming it was Bauer who added it to the
tradition).

Tony Pope

Leonard Jayawardena