[B-Greek] Justin Martyr, Dialogue with Trypho, Ch. XLVIII, §1

Barry nebarry at verizon.net
Sun Aug 1 08:34:56 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Baber" <illuminatiaries at yahoo.com>
To: <b-greek at lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2010 4:45 AM
Subject: [B-Greek] Justin Martyr, Dialogue with Trypho, Ch. XLVIII, §1

>I am not sure if non-biblical texts are allowed, so if they're not, please
>delete the post beforehand.
>
> τὸ γὰρ λέγειν σε προϋπάρχειν θεὸν ὄντα πρὸ αἰώνων τοῦτον τὸν Χριστόν...
>
> TO GAR LEGEIN SE PROUPARXEIN QEON ONTA PRO AIWNWN TOUTON TON XRISTON...
>
> Could this be translated as, "For, when you say that this Christ is God
> who pre-existed before the ages..."?

Suggestion, Michael, if you could be more specific with the reference, that
would be very helpful.  Context is king...  :)

N.E. Barry Hofstetter
Classics and Bible Instructor, TAA
http://www.theamericanacademy.net
(2010 Savatori Excellence in Education Winner)
Mentor, TNARS
http://www.tnars.net

http://mysite.verizon.net/nebarry