[B-Greek] II Cor. 4:13

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 3 00:12:57 EDT 2009

There are at least two categories of genitive given by Wallace [who is greatly inclined to multiply categories of genitives], and those don't fit one can place it in his "aporetic" category [meaning that he is at a loss to explain it].  Personally, I am inclined to say that it is a genitive of material -- the spirit consists in faith [Wallace might also say that it is an attributive genitive indicating that it is a "faithful spirit."
george
gfsomsel

… search for truth, hear truth,
defend the truth till death.