[B-Greek] HQELON OUN LABEIN AUTON EIS TO PLOION Jn 6:21

Elizabeth Kline kline_dekooning at earthlink.net
Fri May 30 23:59:31 EDT 2008

On May 30, 2008, at 7:02 PM, bwmeyers at toast.net wrote:

> On Fri, 30 May 2008 11:23:00 -0700, Elizabeth Kline wrote:
>
>> See also Moffatt's version
>> "So they agreed to take him on board."
>>

>> Elizabeth Kline
>
> I dunno.  Would that not be an awful anticlimax/whitewash of the
> Lord's words in v. 20?
>
> EGW EIMI.  ME FOBEISQE.
>
> "I AM.  BE NOT AFRAID." (?)
>
> Especially in view of the space-time-momentum miracle immediately
> following, punctuating His words?

Perhaps. It might be misguided to try and eradicate all notions of
wishing and desire from QELW in this passage. Certainly they were glad
to see him. They were in need of help and he had helped them before.
Yes I can see your point.

The idea that QELW [EQELW] implies that the wish went unfulfilled is a
separate issue.

Elizabeth Kline