[B-Greek] Reading Instead of Dissecting

Dr. Don Wilkins drdwilkins at verizon.net
Tue May 27 13:51:22 EDT 2008

Excellent question. My advice is, do a complete dissection and
analysis of whatever text you are reading, then reread it over and
over until you no longer have to look at your notes or recall how you
parsed something; like you would for an exam, only reread it until
you are completely comfortable with it. Then take a break from it for
a week or so and return. Chances are you'll see something that has
not occurred to you before, perhaps another way to view the syntax or
another way to interpret it, and that's the reward for your effort. I
doubt that the need to do some parsing will ever go away, unless you
have ample time to review the text daily. But you can master a
reading knowledge of chunks of the NT one at a time, working your way
through the whole NT. You'll feel like you "own" these passages, and
it will be a great feeling (just don't get cocky).

Don Wilkins