[B-Greek] Computer analyses of Greek words (NT and OT, and extra-biblical if possible)

Ken Penner ken.penner at acadiau.ca
Mon May 26 11:25:56 EDT 2008

Yes, I use Accordance, Logos, and BibleWorks, and I know they can each do the type of search Steve described below, to search for two specified words near each other.
However, to clarify the original question (quoted below), can any software tell me, e.g., *what ARE the most common words* used near the word γράφω GRAFW in the NT?
I can see how this would be done with a series of command-line text processing utilities, but I don't think commercial software is set up to conduct such a search. If it can, could you please tell me the steps for and results of this analysis?

Thanks,
Ken

Ken M. Penner, Ph.D.
Acadia Divinity College
Hebrew and Greek vocabulary memorization software:
http://purl.org/net/kmpenner/flash/