[B-Greek] UBS4-NA27 disagreements

Richard Wilson richard at laparola.net
Fri Sep 28 02:42:26 EDT 2007

These are the disagreements I know of, apart from punctuation (by the way,
most of them are listed at http://www.laparola.net/greco/ when you enter UBS
and NA under "Compare manuscripts"):

Matt 27:37
UBS] βασιλεῦς (BASILEUS)
NA] βασιλεὺς (BASILEUS)

Acts 7:16
UBS3 NA] Ἐμμὼρ (EMMWR)
UBS4] Ἑμμὼρ] (hEMMWR)

Acts 7:47
UBS] Σολομῶν (SOLOMWN)
NA] Σολομὼν (SOLOMWN)

Acts 17:7
UBS: πράσσουσι (PRASSOUSI)
NA: πράσσουσιν (PRASSOUSIN)

Rom 11:25
UBS: ἄχρις (ACRIS)
NA: ἄχρις (ACRIS)

Rom 15:9
UBS] ὀνοματί (OVOMATI)
NA] ὀνόματί (OVOMATI)

Rom 16:7
UBS: Ἰουνιᾶν (IOUNIAN - masculine)
NA: Ἰουνίαν (IOUNIAN - feminine)
This is one of the two differences that create a real change in the text
(not just spelling).
It is not listed in the site mentioned above, because I found it recently
and still have to update the database on the site.

1Cor 16:3
UBS: μήτιγε (MHTIGE)
NA: μή τιγε (MH TIGE)

1Cor 9:1
UBS3] ἑώρακα (hEWRAKA)
UBS4 NA] ἑόρακα (hEORAKA)

1Cor 11:26
UBS: ἄχρις (ACRIS)
NA: ἄχρις (ACRIS)

2Cor 8:5
UBS] ἀλλ' (ALL)
NA] ἀλλὰ (ALLA)

2Cor 11:25
UBS] ἐραβδίσθην (ERABDISQHN)
NA] ἐρραβδίσθην (ERRABDISQHN)

2Tim 2:25
UBS NA25 NA27] δώῃ (DWHi subjunctive)
NA26] δῴη (DWiH optative)
This is one of the two differences that create a real change in the text
(not just spelling).

There is also a difference in Matthew 14:27, but that is caused by a
typographical error (at least in my copy of NA27) with the wrong breathing
on the article before Jesus.

Richard Wilson
Trento, Italy