[B-Greek] Interlinear Plato?

Justin Burt justin_burt at ntm.org
Fri Oct 12 11:14:16 EDT 2007

I think that the main concern with an interlinear is the amount of
reliance that comes from using them as a student who begins to study
Greek.  I know for me, I was in my third year of Greek and was
finding myself still using the interlinear as a crutch instead of
doing the proper study of the words I did not know.  Having taken
students through their first year of Greek, requiring them not to use
an interlinear, I think that the benefits of interlinear are few, if
any, to students who will continue their study of Greek.  Now for the
lay person, I think that the interlinear should be a starting point
in their research, and nothing more.  As someone as already said,
they are no better than a very literal translation of whatever work
you are studying.

Justin Burt