[B-Greek] Romans 7.19, 20

Mitch Larramore mitchlarramore at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 18:18:58 EDT 2007

19 OU GAR hO QELW POIW AGAQON ALLA hO OU QELW KAKON
TOUTO PRASSW

20 EI DE hO OU QELW EGW TOUTO POIW OUKETI EGW
KATERGAZOMAI AUTO ALLA hH OIKOUSA EN EMOI hAMARTIA

In verse 20, can OU modify POIW and resume verse 19's
point of NOT doing the good? Therefore, Paul says, "if
I do not do the thing (AGAQON) I desire, it is no
longer...

Paul is arguing that on occasion he does NOT do the
good and does the bad, so this seems to follow but I
can't find any translation that agrees. Most
translations have OU modify QELW not POIW. Something
tells me its location next to QELW may require it to
modify QELW, but I see QELW EGW TOUTO as a unit
between OU...POIW.

Mitch Larramore
Sugar Land, Texas