[B-Greek] non-accusative direct objects

Delbert Flora delbert.flora at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 23 20:23:35 EDT 2007

I don't know percentages, but I presume that "most" verbs take their direct
objects in the accusative case. APOKRINOMAI however takes its direct object
in the dative. Is there anything inherent in verbs that would account for
them taking their direct objects outside the "normal direct object
indicator" accusative? And, is it correct to say that APOKRINOMAI (and I'm
just using this verb for illustrative purpose only) is an exception to the
rule that verbs take their direct objects in the accusative?

Kindly,
Delbert Flora