[B-Greek] Col 2.6 and 7 Passive participles after Active Imperative

Mitch Larramore mitchlarramore at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 09:45:12 EST 2006

Kelton:

You said

> I'd take it more like continue what God has already
> started.  God rooted, planted, and secured i.e. put
> you in Christ, now continue to do so.

What I'm trying to clear up is how participles that
"piggyback" on the finite verbs can modify an Active
Imperative and then 'switch' to a Passive sense.
Without some agent introduced, it seems like these
participles would take on the Middle sense by virtue
of modifying an Active finite verb. Then I was hoping
to determine if specific grammatical indicators
(Active voice finite verb and lack of hUPO with Gen)
play a role in determining how participles like this
function.

Mitch Larramore