[B-Greek] Webb & Kysar's Greek for Preachers

Curtis Hinson curtis at curtishinson.com
Sat Apr 22 15:20:54 EDT 2006

I have found it disturbing that I've lived in/near, studied at and
worked with a Christian university for years that claims to take it's
supposed biblical heritage very seriously. Yet I can find no one to
speak Greek with! I can actually go over there and speak in modern OR
first-century Judeo-Greek and get blank looks from full-time Greek
instructors. Even those that try to reply have no understanding of how
the language sounds. Sad.

/The heart is compared to an altar./

—/Akeida,Tzav; Torat HaOlah /1:24

If anybody is teaching students "metaGreek" just enough to spit out some
profound-sounding root fallacies and get preacher jobs, it's a waste of
time. MetaGreek will never be enough to understand the text as it was
meant to be understood, it pushes people further away. Indeed rebirth
should be the goal. I think we need an Eliezer Ben-Yehuda type movement
for Greek.

Bless the Name
Curtis Hinson

My local weather at the time of this email:
77F (25C), Fair

Server status:
 13:36:01 up 30 days, 14:27,  1 user,  load average: 0.24, 0.14, 0.10