[B-Greek] Need someone to telecommunicate Greek words.

Eric Weiss papaweiss1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 15:32:56 EDT 2005

> I'm no expert, but I find the gentleman who reads through the Greek NT at
> http://www.helding.net/greeklatinaudio/greek/ sounds superior to Ms
> Phemister.

It sounds like he uses a Modern Greek pronunciation - e.g., H (eta) and U (upsilon) are both
pronounced as "ee," and he does not pronounce the rough breathing (I listened briefly to I John
1). This is closer to a Koinê pronunciation than Erasmian is, though not quite the same as
Koinê would have been, based on Randall Buth's research and writings.

Eric S. Weiss