2 Cor 6:1

Steve Lovullo SLovullo at etcconnect.com
Tue Jan 7 11:18:43 EST 2003

Paul, I think Acts 14.22 is a **good** parallel. The only real difference is
that 2 Cor 6.2 is negative. Acts 14.22 is a positive exhortation; 2 Cor 6.2
is a negative exhortation. And considering the context of 2 Cor 6.2, I think
the suggestion that PARAKALEW there means "comfort" is next to impossible.
The fact that PARAKALEW is used earlier in the letter for "comfort" is
interesting, but the nearer context must dictate. I think the combination of
syntax and context make the sense "urge" practically assured.

Steve Lo Vullo