Josephus Antiquities 1:2:34

Albert Pietersma albert.pietersma at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 5 23:22:10 EST 2003

I assume you mean PhYSIOL*O*GEIN. H. St. John Thackeray  in the Loeb translation
(Ant. 1.34) translates: "And here, after the seventh day, Moses begins *to interpret
nature*, writing on the formation of man in these terms "etc. In 1.18 PhYSIOLOGI/A is

rendered as "natural philosophy. " In a footnote Thackeray says: "i.e. the
investigation of the origin of existence in the account of creation."
Al Pietersma